On this, the fourteenth episode of the CypherCast, we talk about MCG’s newest setting, Unmasked! We also take a leisurely detour through the music, movies and other events of 1986. Hosting for this episode are Jim Ryan and Dani Neary, with guest William Keller.
Check out the latest issue of CypherCaster Magazine, back after a hiatus.
The ninth issue of the CypherCaster Magazine includes:
- We talk with Bruce Brenneise about making art, and how he creates fantastical landscapes for games such as Numenera 2.
- Explore the mysterious Waters of Deleon, a Numenera setting and adventure by Megan Tolentino
- We present a second Numenera setting and adventure with The Head in the Cliffs by Sharang Biswas
- Explore The Mourning Star, a chaos ship and crew supplement for The Strange by JR Fryer
- Our first Predation adventure, Hidden Truths by Rustin Coones
- Read why you shouldn’t hoard your cyphers in Use Me Please, Said the Cypher to the Player by Dani Neary
- John Neary presents As The World Turns, a weird tale of Numenera short fiction
Our cover shows a scene from Rustin Coones’ Hidden Truths where Predation characters take on a mighty Tyranosaurus Rex that blocks their way, illustrated by Rustin Coones.
On the thirteenth episode of the CypherCast, hosts Andrew, Jim, and Dani are joined by James Walls, author of the Living 4 Crits blog and master of game mashups, ad-libbing and going off the rails. He talks about adapting various settings to the Cypher System, as well as combining very different ideas into a single game.
Here’s the twelfth episode of the CypherCast! Shanna Germain joins us to discuss Numenera 2, The Night Clave, Predation, and No Thank You, Evil! We also talk about writers and GMs pulling at players’ heartstrings as some of us cackle maniacally.
Hosts Dani Neary, Andrew Cady, Jim Ryan, and David Wilson Brown.
Here on our eleventh episode, Marc Plourde returns to discuss The Jade Colossus! Jim has mysteriously reappeared back in the host seat, joining Andrew and Dani to recount tales of GenCon and talk a bit about Numenera 2 while David is off on a secret mission to save the world.
For our tenth episode, we bring you an interview recorded live from the Monte Cook Games booth at Gen Con with Monte Cook and Bruce Cordell, talking about the exciting news of Numenera Discovery & Destiny as well as Invisible Sun updates!
On the ninth episode of The CypherCast, Andrew, Dani, and David are joined by Dean and discuss the latest Cypher System news as well as running Cypher games at a Convention