Get ready for the latest episode of The CypherCast, your source for Cypher System news and discussions. This episode, aside from covering news we have a discussion about MCG’s new Gods of the Fall with guest Marc Plourde!
Welcome to the second issue of the all-new CypherCast- your source for Cypher System news and discussions.
This episode, we talk to Scott Robinson and Dave Hanlon, hosts of the Incantations Podcast, about the upcoming game Invisible Sun. Get your start here and then follow their journey to delve into the secrets of the Invisible Sun on their podcast.
Check out the first episode of the newly merged podcast from the creators behind Transmissions from the Ninth World and Translating the Strange- The CypherCast! Listen to hosts David Wilson Brown, Andrew Cady, & Jim Ryan discuss the latest news from the world of the Cypher System.
The seventh issue of the CypherCaster Magazine includes:
- MCG Product Preview – Summer 2016, Check out the Torment Tides of Numenera Explorer’s Guide
- An in-depth interview with Monte Cook about the exciting new RPG project, Invisible Sun
- The latest Streets of Qi, by Chris Fitzgerald, shares what’s in Ezkros Tower
- An addition to Andrew Montgomery-Hurrell’s third party Numenera sourcebook, Rusthaven- The Ridden
- A Numenera adventure from CypherCaster first-timer Skjalg Kreutzer of Norway called Dawn of the Black City
- A short Sector Agents article that talks more about the Sector Agents themselves and shares some notable NPCs.
- The Estate Dossier: Mecha World is a new batch of show ’ems for The Strange by Marc Plourde.
- Field Mission, a short Strange fiction by Andrew Cady about the Estate seeking to stop a cult from opening a dangerous portal.
- Tanshen’s Guide to Zuomeng: The Southeast Region in the Realm of Lan is setting material for Zuomeng, by Rustin Coones, Scott Robinson, & Jennifer Ross.
- Some photos from the recent Gen Con, highlighting some of the CypherCaster crew and MCG booth and game room!
Our cover shows Captain Heixióng leading the crew of The Kingfisher in repelling an ambush by the Striped Frogmen of Lu. This colorful Zuomeng piece is illustated by Nic “shugmonkey” Brennan.
We are thrilled to be able to share with our readers the cover for CypherCaster Magazine issue 007, done by Nic (shugmonkey) Brennan.
This action packed cover focuses on the Strange recursion of Zuòmèng as the final part of our series will be featured in this issue. Zuòmèng, a far east pirate tale with anthropomorphic animals, was created by Rustin Coones, Scott Robinson, & Jennifer Ross. You can check out the first two parts of the series in issue 005 and issue 006 of the CypherCaster Magazine, available at DrivethruRPG.com.
Are you a fan of Monte Cook Games’ Cypher System? Are you a creative sort who would like to share your work? Then the CypherCaster Magazine could be your avenue!