We’re working hard to bring you the next issue of CypherCaster and this one will be like no other before it.
In this issue we will have an extended feature called Sector Agents, an all-new Cypher System setting that has your players acting as space cops in a pulpy sci-fi setting.
The feature will include: setting details; random lists for generating star systems, mission types, and even suspects; alien races; a few pre-written missions; and even some fiction. All from several contributors.
To illustrate this new setting, we have a gorgeous cover by the scorching hot artist Yannick Bouchard which we can present for the first time today.
Look for the Sector Agents feature as well as loads of other content in this issue, arriving online this May!
The latest issue of CypherCaster is out!
The fifth issue of the CypherCaster Magazine includes:
- MCG Product Preview – Spring 2016 with The Encyclopedia of Impossible Things & Into the Deep
- Worlds of the Cypher System, MCG’s latest Kickstarter Campaign – Interview with creators Bruce R. Cordell, Shanna Germain, & Dennis Detwiller
- Cypher System Licensed Products Overview, comprehensive list of third party licensed products
- Putting Cypher Limits into Context, article by Marc Plourde
- Metal Myk’s Mercs, a Numenera Adventure by James Walls
- Kiss of Death, an Instant Numenera Adventure by John WS Marvin
- Across the Seas of Zuòmèng, a Swashbuckling Strange Recursion by Rustin Coones & Scott Robinson
- MCG Fan Relations News & Events, including the reveal of MCG adventures for Gen Con 2016
The gorgeous painted cover art by Piotrek Antoniak ties into the adventure Metal Myk’s Mercs included within.
After a delay due to the holidays, the fourth issue of CypherCaster Magazine is now available from DrivethruRPG
The first issue of the CypherCaster Magazine is now available for sale! Check it out today!
And here’s the cover for our next issue, already underway:
Again, another sensational Jeff Brown cover, this time highlighting Holstenwall, the Gothic Strange Recursion!
The newly formed CypherCast Network’s premiere project will be a digital magazine devoted to covering Monte Cook Games (MCG) products.
The CypherCaster Magazine will launch in May 2015 with an intended publishing frequency of every two months. This is an unofficial but licensed magazine and content will be largely fan-driven.
The types of content will include, but not be limited to:
- MCG product previews
- Licensed product previews
- Adventures, standalone & serialized
- Show’ems and plot seeds
- Cyphers, Artifacts, & Oddities
- Fiction, short & serialized
- GM tips & tricks
- Pre-generated characters
- MCG Asset Team news & events
- MCG Organized Play news
Submissions will be accepted for future issues, under approval by the editorial staff.
Finally, a Cypher System magazine for the fans, by the fans!
CypherCaster Magazine, Issue 001
The first issue of the CypherCaster Magazine, releasing in May, will include:
- MCG product preview by David Wilson Brown
- Shotguns & Sorcery interview with Matt Forbeck & Robert Schwalb by Andrew Cady
- Mashed Up Column by James Walls
- New Cypher System GM Column by Darcy L. Ross
- “Shapes in the Salt”, Numenera short fiction by Jim Ryan
- “Hunting for Krofwarten”, a Numenera adventure by Chris Fitzgerald
- “Estate Files” covering a Norse Mythology recursion cluster by Marc Plourde
- “Holstenwall — A Recursion of Gothic Fear” by Scott Robinson
- MCG Asset Team Events by David Wilson Brown
The stunning cover art by Jeff Brown conveys the vast wonder of the Ninth World of Numenera (or perhaps a recursion in the Strange). A copy of the artwork without the masthead and trade dress will be included for use in your games.
The magazine will be available from DriveThruRPG when released.