The newly formed CypherCast Network’s premiere project will be a digital magazine devoted to covering Monte Cook Games (MCG) products.
The CypherCaster Magazine will launch in May 2015 with an intended publishing frequency of every two months. This is an unofficial but licensed magazine and content will be largely fan-driven.
The types of content will include, but not be limited to:
- MCG product previews
- Licensed product previews
- Adventures, standalone & serialized
- Show’ems and plot seeds
- Cyphers, Artifacts, & Oddities
- Fiction, short & serialized
- GM tips & tricks
- Pre-generated characters
- MCG Asset Team news & events
- MCG Organized Play news
Submissions will be accepted for future issues, under approval by the editorial staff.
Finally, a Cypher System magazine for the fans, by the fans!
CypherCaster Magazine, Issue 001
The first issue of the CypherCaster Magazine, releasing in May, will include:
- MCG product preview by David Wilson Brown
- Shotguns & Sorcery interview with Matt Forbeck & Robert Schwalb by Andrew Cady
- Mashed Up Column by James Walls
- New Cypher System GM Column by Darcy L. Ross
- “Shapes in the Salt”, Numenera short fiction by Jim Ryan
- “Hunting for Krofwarten”, a Numenera adventure by Chris Fitzgerald
- “Estate Files” covering a Norse Mythology recursion cluster by Marc Plourde
- “Holstenwall — A Recursion of Gothic Fear” by Scott Robinson
- MCG Asset Team Events by David Wilson Brown
The stunning cover art by Jeff Brown conveys the vast wonder of the Ninth World of Numenera (or perhaps a recursion in the Strange). A copy of the artwork without the masthead and trade dress will be included for use in your games.
The magazine will be available from DriveThruRPG when released.